Choose where your phones will be answered when you are away. Call forwarding automatically forwards your calls to another location when you plan to be away from your telephone or you do not wish to receive any calls. Please note that you – not the originating party – are billed for any toll charges when the forward-to number is outside your local calling area.
Mid-Rivers offers three types of call forwarding:
Call forwarding by ring count to fixed number after (X) rings
With this option, the forward-to number, and number of rings before the call is forwarded, are selected by you and permanently programmed by Mid-Rivers. Forwarding is automatic if your phone is not answered after the indicated number of rings.
Fixed call forwarding to a fixed number
With this option, the forward-to number has been selected by you and permanently programmed into Mid-Rivers’ equipment.
- To activate this feature, dial *72, wait 4 seconds for 2 tones, then hang up. Your phone will now ring at the number you designated.
- To deactivate this feature, dial *73, wait 4 seconds for a dial tone, then hang up. Your normal service is restored.
Variable call forwarding to any number
With this feature, you select the forward-to number when you activate call forwarding.
- To activate this feature, dial *72, wait 4 seconds for dial tone, then dial the forward-to number and wait 4 seconds for 2 tones. The called number is stored and call forwarding is activated. If you wish to call the “call forwarded to number,” wait another 4 seconds and the call will be placed.
- Customers on a fiber connection can activate this service by dialing *72, then immediately dial the forward-to number. Customers on a fiber connection DO NOT need to wait for the tones.
- To deactivate this feature, dial *73 and wait 4 seconds for 2 tones, then hang up. Normal service is restored.
For fixed and variable call forwarding, your telephone briefly rings when a call is forwarded. This indicates the forwarding feature is activated and also reminds you to deactivate the forwarding, if desired. With fixed and variable call forwarding you cannot answer your phone until you deactivate the forwarding feature, but you can place calls.