Mid-Rivers Communications is offering $108,000 in scholarship funds for Eastern and Central Montana students.
The Mid-Rivers Fund for Education, funded by unclaimed capital credits from members, has awarded over $670,000 in scholarships to area students. In 2024, Mid-Rivers will award 36 competitive and 15 drawing scholarships.
Scholarship categories reflect the mission and values of the Cooperative and its members. This year’s scholarship program has three categories:
- Dawson Community College/Miles Community College Scholarship – In support of local educational institutions, up to six (6) $3,000 scholarships will be awarded to students attending Dawson Community College (DCC) or Miles Community College (MCC).
- Mid-Rivers Higher Education Scholarship – Thirty (30) $2,500 scholarships will be awarded to students pursuing or continuing their higher education at any other institution in technical, undergraduate, or graduate programs.
- Mid-Rivers Annual Meeting Drawing – Fifteen (15) $1,000 scholarships will be awarded through a drawing of eligible students in attendance at the 2024 Mid-Rivers Annual Meeting scheduled for May 29, 2024, in Baker at the Fallon County Fairgrounds Exhibit Hall.
Competitive Scholarships will be awarded based on how well each student’s application addresses the following priority areas:
- Demonstration of specific plans and an authentic desire to live and work in the Mid-Rivers Service Area in the future.
- Work experience and school and community activities during high school and/or college.
- Unique, inspiring, and innovative Personal Statement.
- Grade point average and ACT/SAT test scores.
- Ability to communicate.
Eligible applicants for all categories include graduating high school seniors entering freshman year at a college, university or technical school; and current college, university and technical school students planning to continue studies in the fall. All applicants must be enrolled as full-time students for the Fall of 2024. Previous scholarship winners (competitive or drawing, and in any year) are ineligible. Applicants must have a parent or guardian who is a member of Mid-Rivers Telephone Cooperative, Inc. with active telephone or Internet service and a completed and approved membership application (customers with active service are not automatically members). Applicants unsure of membership status should contact Mid-Rivers by January 5, 2024, at 1-800-452-2288 to verify eligibility.
Competitive applications must be completed online and are now available at www.midrivers.com. Applicants unsuccessful in the competitive scholarships are eligible and encouraged to enter the drawing for scholarships at the Annual Meeting.
The application period for 2024 competitive scholarships has closed. Follow us on social media or check back later this spring to apply for our 2024 Drawing Scholarships.