Installing your new cable modem
- Start by un-boxing the new modem.
- Connect the new power cord to the modem.
- Connect the black coax cable to the new modem. Be sure to hand-tighten the cable to the modem.
- Plug the modem into a power outlet.
- Wait for the lights on the modem to turn green. There should be no blinking lights. All lights should be solid green.
- Connect the loose end of the ethernet cable from your router or computer (the same device your old modem was connected to) to either one of the ethernet ports on the modem. If desired, you may also use the new ethernet cable provided to connect the modem to your devices.
- You are finished installing your new modem and may resume normal Internet use. Please note that it may take up to 5 minuets for your modem to sync and your Internet connection to return to normal.