Candidates are being sought for the election of Trustees for Mid-Rivers Telephone Cooperative, Inc., which will take place on Tuesday, May 23, 2023, in Sidney, MT.
Mid-Rivers Trustees play a vital role in guiding the Cooperative’s activities, ensuring the Cooperative is acting in the best interest of its members. A Mid-Rivers Trustee should:
- Be prepared to participate and carry out their responsibility to the members and Cooperative.
- Understand the cooperative model of enterprise.
- Be willing to devote a reasonable amount of time to the Cooperative’s business.
- Attend regular monthly meetings to stay current on, and actively participate in, the guidance of Cooperative business.
- Be willing to act for the good of the whole membership.
- Be prepared to inform the membership with correct information about the Cooperative’s activities.
- Be willing to work as a part of a team.
Serving on the Board of Trustees places you in a valuable role in your community. Benefits of serving your community as a Trustee include:
- Learning about modern telecommunications operations.
- Gaining leaderships skills.
- Building and growing your network.
- Per diem and service benefits.
- Paid educational travel opportunities.
- Guiding the cooperative into the future.
All interested candidates must be nominated by petition. Petitions may be obtained by calling 1-800-452-2288, following the links below or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed petitions can be returned via email to email@example.com or mailed to Mid-Rivers Telephone Cooperative, Inc., PO Box 280, Circle, MT 59215. Nominations by petition must be received by 5:00 p.m. on March 24, 2023, to be included in the official ballot and have a candidate profile in the Annual Report which is mailed to all active members. Candidates must be a member of Mid-Rivers Telephone Cooperative, Inc., and maintain residence in the district where the candidate seeks election. The districts up for election are:
- District 4 – Circle (485), Lambert (774), Lindsay (584) and South Wolf Point (525)
- District 5 – Bloomfield (583), E Fairview (844), Fairview (742), Richey (773), Savage (776) and W. Glendive (687)
- District 6 – Sidney (433, 488) and West Sidney (798)