CABLE TV ENDING IN 2023
Due to ballooning programming costs, a steeply declining subscriber base, and the availability of many other options, Mid-Rivers cable television service is scheduled to end December 31, 2023. See a copy of the full customer notice here.
Mid-Rivers Internet and telephone services will NOT be affected. In fact, this change will allow us to focus on staying ahead of your broadband needs and making sure all our communities across 30,000 square miles have the essential, robust broadband Internet services they need to survive and thrive.
Details on the other options available to you are provided here, and you can also contact us at any time to discuss your video options with our knowledgeable representatives.
TRADITIONAL PAY TV
DISH & DirecTV (AT&T) both offer services throughout the area, including packages with local channels and solutions for apartments and other multi-unit facilities. If you have been told your building or rental does not allow satellite dishes, please contact Mid-Rivers with the details of your situation to see if we can help.
Mid-Rivers does not have partnerships or referral agreements with satellite companies or any other TV providers. Beware of scams and contact them at their listed telephone numbers or official websites only.
Streaming your video over a broadband Internet connection is now a mainstream option. More than 8 in 10 households in the U.S. subscribe to at least one streaming service. Streaming allows you to create your own customized lineup. Watch Live TV, video on demand, or both.
- Local channels are available in this area on streaming services like YouTubeTV, NewsON, STIRR, and others.
- Live sports are now widely available through a variety of streaming platforms.
- ESPN+ has a huge selection of streaming live sports, no traditional pay TV subscription (cable TV or satellite) required.
- Streaming is now the ONLY way to watch local high school sports and other Montana high school events on the NFHS Network. You can stream NFHS on any mobile device (like smartphones & tablets) and most TV streaming platforms (Roku, Google TV, Apple TV & more).
- The National Finals Rodeo (NFR) streams on The Cowboy Channel and RFD-TV, available in SlingTV’s Heartland Extras (choose the Orange and/or Blue and then Heartland Extras in Add-Ons) or through The Cowboy Channel Plus App annual subscription.
- Big Sky Conference events including Cat & Griz games stream on FuboTV.
FREE ANTENNA TV
What’s better than free!? Many digital broadcast TV networks and subchannels – the programming many of us probably watch most – are available FREE over the air using an antenna. Many are available in High Definition (HD). You can purchase indoor and outdoor antennas at many local hardware stores and online.
Use your TV’s menu options to scan for available channels. In this region, free channels available over the air may include (depending on your specific location, your equipment, and other factors):