- Cover the end of the TiVo remote with your hand.
- Hold down the TiVo and TV Power buttons at the same time until the red (or amber) light on the remote control remains on.
- Remove your hand from the end of the TiVo remote control.
- Enter code 0999.
- After you enter the code, the red (or amber) light will flash three times and then remain on.
- Press Channel Up once every two seconds. This will test hundreds of code, one by one. DO NOT GO ANY FASTER THAN THIS or you may skip a code that works.
If you press Channel Up and you TV turns off, press Enter to select the code.
Press the TV Power button to test the code.
If you TV Turns on, you have successfully programmed the remote.
If you cycle through all the codes, the red LED will go off, indicating that you have tried all the codes.
If this happens, or if you selected a code but the TV does not respond to the test, try again to make sure you did not skip over your code by going too fast.